How To Clean Car Headlights From the Inside
Car maintenance is essential to keep it in good condition and increase its lifespan. We often think of cleaning the floor mats, seats, or upholstery but we do not always think of cleaning the headlights when maintaining the car. Keeping your headlights clean on the inside can be just as important as cleaning them from the outside. In this post, we tell you how to clean car headlights from the inside.
WAYS OF CLEANING THE CAR HEADLIGHTS FROM THE INSIDE
The dirt inside a headlamp can be caused due to different reasons. The dust can enter from the outside, through the holes where different bulbs are placed in some vehicles. Also, steam from the car’s engine can enter the headlight and form greasy dribs. This is important to understand that cleaning with water alone can’t restore car headlights and make them shine like new. We are going to need to apply some different methods.
CLEANING CAR’S HEADLIGHTS WITH THE HELP OF DETERGENT
- Open the hood of the car. Inside, you should see some screws near the opening on the side of the car. These screws help in holding your headlights in place; however, their location may vary considering the vehicle’s make and model.
- Carefully lift the headlights out of their slit after you’ve loosened the bolts. You can even ask a friend to hold them in place while you unscrew them and unplug the electrical cords. Put them on a dry towel.
- Pry the headlight lenses out of the assembly. It may look different on many vehicles, so refer to the manual once again for the proper way to remove the lenses.
- Fill a bucket with hot water. Mix a cleaning detergent into the water and remove accumulated dirt inside your headlights.
- Dip an abrasive pad into the hot water. Use a pad to rub any dirt buildup on the back of the headlight lenses. Don’t press hard enough to scratch the lenses with the pad.
- Dry the lenses and apply a coat of glass wax. The wax will keep the inside headlight restoration safe for a longer period.
- Snap the headlight lenses back into the box and reinstall them in your car. Again, you can take someone’s help in holding the headlights in place while you reconnect the electrical wiring and screw it back into place.
Do not touch the reflective layer around the bulb. It is delicate and can be darkened by touch.
CLEANING THE CAR’S HEADLIGHTS WITH MAGNETS
What we will need to do the cleaning is the following:
- You need a couple of magnets that shouldn’t be too big to be able to work comfortably. The neodymium magnets are the best choice because being small is very powerful. You can find them inside an old hard drive for example. Or you can buy them, they are cheap.
- A piece of microfiber cloth, such as those used to clean glasses, is ideal. As before, if you don’t have it on hand, you can buy a good piece for little money.
- This method of cleaning foggy headlights from inside consists of putting one of the magnets inside the headlight. Then with the other magnet attract it from the outside. In this way, we will be able to move it across the entire surface easily.
- First of all, what we have to do is wrap both magnets in a piece of microfiber each. Previously we will have cut a sufficient size so that it is well covered. Doing this has two main reasons, on the one hand, the cloth is soft and will allow all the dust to be trapped inside and on the other hand, not least, the wrapping of both magnets is necessary so as not to scratch the surface of the glass.
- The best way that the magnet that we put inside and the microfiber do not separate is to sew the cloth well with thread. You can also use textile glue or any other type of instant glue.
- To achieve a perfect finish, before inserting the magnet wrapped in microfiber into the bulb, it is best to spray it with a glass cleaner
- Now you can get down to work. Both to put the magnet inside and to remove it carefully you can help yourself with a screwdriver, or any metal rod.
Still, if you don’t clean your headlights, dirt builds up until the glow of the lights is obscured. Driving at night with excessively dirty headlights presents a danger for you and other road users. To know more about the importance of car lights in the Qatar, read on.
This concludes our guide on how to clean car headlights from the inside. A dirty headlight lens makes the light system dull. This can turn into a serious safety issue for your car. You don’t need to take your car to the mechanic to clean the headlight. Possible to clean even after understanding the inner workings. Read the owner’s manual carefully to learn the subtle rules of the system before trying to renew the cleaning.
If you are planning to buy a new set of headlights, then check car headlights for sale in the Qatar. Also, these upgrades make your car look expensive, so you can consider this transformation and give your car a new look.
Besides, these car cleaning tips not only extend the life expectancy of the vehicle but also increase its market value. If you are planning to buy a used car for sale in the Qatar, don’t forget to check its headlights are working properly.
Stay tuned to the Qatar’s top auto blog for more car repair techniques.